Israel will have a new government after the election of January 22. Although it is overwhelmingly likely that Benjamin Netanyahu will remain Prime Minister, the nature of the Israeli government is likely to change depending on which political parties become part of the governing coalition. Israel’s new government faces several existential crises. Professor Sion will discuss Israel’s best strategy for confronting the mounting pressure to surrender vital portions of its own land to allow for the creation of a Palestinian state. Professor Sion will discuss the changing circumstances that threaten Israel, including the imminent possibility of a nuclear Iran, the radicalization of the Islamic world, the political instability of Israel’s Arab neighbors and the continuing incitement by the so-called Palestinian Authority to hatred and terrorism against Israel and the Jews.
Professor Abraham Sion has served as Deputy State Attorney for Israel, and was instrumental in changing the election laws governing the voting in of the Prime Minister in Israel. Professor Sion was a Lieutenant Colonel in the I.D.F, with 17 years of that service as a judge in Gaza. Professor Sion currently has a weekly program on the popular Reshet Bet channel on Israel Radio.
He has headed parliamentary delegations with sitting Ministers to Europe and participated in debates concerning the Arab-Israeli conflict. He is frequently a guest on radio and television talk shows, was a member of the Executive Committee of the Israeli Bar, and also served as President of the Board of Directors of Israel Tourist Industries. He is chairman of the Center for Law and Mass Media at Ariel University and currently is head of a Tel Aviv law firm actively involved in both research and advocacy of Law and Mass Media as it relates to Israel.
Professor Sion, an academic and legal expert from Israel will provide us with important information at a very critical time for Israel and the world.
$15 per person
Cash or check at the door
Valet Parking $5
Register by email at RSVP@cjhsla.org
For more information call (818)704-0523
What you can do:
- Come to this presentation and empower yourself with important knowledge.
- Change the mind of one person. Share this post. They will thank you.
- Join our mailing list to receive the Activist Digest and invitations to our terrific events.
- Visit our website to see all the incredible events and presentations we organize at least monthly throughout the year.
- Watch the videos of our events here.
- “Like” us on Facebook for daily updates.
- When in Los Angeles, stay and dine at the Luxe Hotel Sunset.
- Your financial help makes all the difference. Please donate now.