“For three years I have been imploring you, Jews of Poland, the crown of world Jewry, appealing to you, warning you unceasingly that the catastrophe is nigh. My hair has turned white and I have grown old over these years, for my heart is bleeding that you, dear brothers and sisters, do not see the volcano which will soon begin to spew forth its fires of destruction. I see a horrible vision. Time is growing short for you to be spared. I know you cannot see it, for you are troubled and confused by everyday concerns… Listen to my words at this… for time is running short.”
— Jabotinsky – to the Jews of Warsaw on Tisha b’Av 1938
Working to ensure that Never Again remains more than a mere slogan, Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors insists that the last Holocaust imposes upon all people of good will a moral and political imperative to prevent the next one. We refuse to ignore the sometimes uncomfortable implications of our commitments:
That Islam represents an existential threat to the West and to the Western traditions of liberal tolerance and individualism.
That Jews have a right, codified by the League of Nations and the United Nations, to flourish in peace and strength in a Jewish State located in their ancestral homeland of Israel.
That the international community must commit to genuinely promoting human rights, which means standing up to tyrants and despots instead of engaging them.
… And that these require the security of America as a bastion of liberty, with all the economic prosperity, military force, and clarity of vision that securing liberty has always required.
Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors (CJHS) is dedicated to educating the public in the United States and abroad about the intellectual and cultural climate that led to the Holocaust, and the ideas and philosophy that bring about a totalitarian dictatorship. CJHS seeks to protect freedom by raising awareness of the aggression and scapegoating that inevitably follow the abandonment of individual rights and the embrace of collectivism.
Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors advances these goals by hosting educational events concentrated in four areas:
(1) examining U.S. diplomacy toward Israel and the Middle East, with a focus on the right of the State of Israel to exist and be recognized as a Jewish State;
(2) restoring the teaching of and respect for Western values;
(3) documenting antisemitism and promoting human rights;
(4) exposing the existential threat posed by Islam to the liberties and freedoms of western society.
(5) Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors heeds the call of Jabotinsky who urged Jews to master firearms by establishing a new program, Jews Can Shoot, providing defensive firearms instruction and survival tactics.
Children of Jewish Holocaust Survivors insists that the last Holocaust imposes upon all people of good will a moral and political imperative to prevent the next one.